Title: Dean of Administration and Chief Operating Officer
The Dean of Administration is a critical part of the core leadership team that will launch the Boston Islamic Seminary and ensure that it operates at all levels with excellence, transparency and efficiency. Acting as the Chief Operating Officer, the Dean of Administration will report to the Seminary’s president and will help establish the infrastructure, relationships and financial foundation to enable the institution’s long-term and sustainable growth.
The Dean of Administration will have both external-facing and internal responsibilities at the Seminary. Externally, the Dean will collaborate with the President and Board on developing mutually beneficial partnerships with academic and non-academic institutions that support the Seminary’s mission and programs, and ensure that the Seminary is in compliance with any relevant state and federal requirements. Internally, the Dean will oversee all administrative functions, either directly or through the supervision of appropriate staff or vendors, including Finance, Payroll, HR, IT, Marketing, Facilities Planning, Admissions and Student Affairs. The Dean of Administration will develop systems and policies that allow for consistent, repeatable and reliable execution of these functions.
He/she will also collaborate with the Dean of Academic Affairs to secure degree granting authority and accreditation through the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges respectively.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of the Boston Islamic Seminary.
- Oversee the general administrative and financial policies and procedures approved by the Board.
- Determine the financial, professional and human resource needs necessary for the achievement of the Seminary’s mission and goals.
- Prepare a comprehensive proposal of the Seminary’s budget, and oversee the implementation of its items after Board approval.
- Follow up with the implementations of the Executive Management Committee’s decisions and recommendations.
- Hire and supervise staff required to execute the functional areas related to Seminary’s administration.
- Prepare an annual report on the financial and administrative statuses and the future plans to be submitted to the President.
- Supervise staff performance and handle promotions at all administrative levels.
- Maintain the Seminary’s data warehouse, prepare internal and external data reports, and respond to institutional data requests.
- Design and implement assessment plans that reflect the mission and the objectives of the Seminary.
- Provide analysis of statistical information regarding students, faculty, staff, space utilization, budget and finance.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with external academic and non-academic organizations as well as building strong relationships with them.
- Research and recommend new systems and technological solutions related to administration and the delivery of the Seminary’s academic mission.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team.
- Oversee agenda and resolutions for Board of Trustee meetings; and
- Perform other related duties as requested by the President.
- Post Graduate degree or MBA from any recognized University/Institute.
- Experience in HR frameworks, managing other managers and teams, marketing and operations.
- Experience planning and managing multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or academic institutions
- Experience with fundraising
- Team player with a competitive spirit to excel and the ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Integrative team working style, easy contact, rapid to adaptation, can foster team spirit.
- Individual who is hands on, highly driven, disciplined, and very detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment that requires accurate and timely work products.
About Boston Islamic Seminary
The Boston Islamic Seminary is committed to training leaders to serve in all areas of society and who are capable of serving the unique needs of the American Muslim community. We understand that Imams, Chaplains, Islamic School Teachers and many others are critical for the future vitality of our community, but also that the people who fill these roles must be trained to understand and help navigate the realities that Muslims face in the United States
With the help of Allah, we hope to be the institution that establishes the framework for developing Muslim leaders in America over the coming years Inshallah.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Resumes, cover letters and inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org