Title: Program Operations Manager
This position provides a fantastic growth opportunity for an individual looking to jump start their career into a building management/facilities management/project management roll. If you are highly motivated, up for a challenge and know how to get things done, this position may be the right career opportunity for you!
The Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) is seeking a Program Operations Manager, will provide administrative support to a professional staff of professors, researchers and students. This position requires someone with exceptional organizational and communication skills, expertise in computer programs including the Microsoft Office suite of programs, and the ability to develop and maintain files and records for the appropriate management of designated projects. The candidate will work on multiple assignments with a variety of individuals and groups within a busy environment at BIS. The Program Operations Manager will ensure that BIS classes for all of our programs are consistently setup to ensure an excellent experience for faculty and students. This role will report directly to the Dean of Administration and COO of BIS.
- Day-to-day class readiness including work order management, and class inspections
- Collaborate with BIS staff members, faculty members and external partners to ensure classes are conducted efficiently and smoothly
- Coordinate business travel for assigned personnel
- Prepare and track related expense reports, reimbursements and other payments in a timely and efficient manner
- Forward facing customer service support to faculty, students and staff on a wide range of facilities needs
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines and project plans with short- and long-term end dates.
- Capital Equipment asset management including tagging incoming BIS assets, properly recording acquisitions/disposals in BIS’s inventory systems.
- Coordination of office & class moves and Furniture inventory management
- Space Analysis support via floor plan auditing and recording keeping
- Space Management support utilizing BIS’s inventory tool.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ professional experience working with college students, ideally in a higher-education or Islamic setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and a familiarity with other processes required
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience working with internal and external vendors and services contracting.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Strong work ethic and ability to execute with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English required, familiarity with Arabic preferred
- Proven commitment to Islamic work
- Ability to travel 10-15%
Full-time, Part-time, Internship*. For the internship purpose: It could be a full time and/or part time internship position for students available to work M-F, 9am-6pm from 4/1/2019-12/27/2019. Some weekends work possibly required.
About Boston Islamic Seminary
The Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) is an institution of higher education that aims to train religious leaders who will serve the American Muslim community, to enhance the understanding of Islam
in the contemporary context among people of all backgrounds, to help communities navigate new issues and unforeseen circumstances with wisdom, integrity, and compassion. Based in Boston, MA.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer, BIS hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.