Title: Marketing Assistant Manager
The Muslim community in America has made great strides in recent years. We have built over 2,000 Islamic centers, 235 K-12 full-time Islamic schools, and a number of nonprofits to serve our community. The Boston Islamic Seminary addresses another important challenge in our community – training the next generation of our community’s leaders and improving the understanding of Islam among people of all backgrounds. The Boston Islamic Seminary has designed several programs to serve these needs.
We are currently hiring talented and highly motivated people to join us and drive marketing.
- Digital marketing strategies in general including social media marketing.
- Development of digital contents for various marketing uses
- Management of a team for social media channels and campaigns, growing followers/audiences with the ability to monitor posts/campaigns and adjust communication strategies accordingly.
- Creation of different collateral and media files to support different marketing initiatives.
- BS/MS in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Experience in digital and social marketing
- Ability to work independently and also in a team
- Leadership and management of a team
- Strong work ethic and ability to execute with minimal supervision
- Creative and resourceful, able to solve problems and create new approaches for issues that might be encountered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with public speaking
- Fluency in English required, familiarity with Arabic preferred
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to travel 10-15%, not required but if needed.
Full-time, Part-time, Internship*. For the internship purpose: It could be a full time and/or part time internship position for students available to work M-F, 9am-6pm from 4/1/2019-12/27/2019. Some weekends work possibly required.
About Boston Islamic Seminary
The Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) is an institution of higher education that aims to train religious leaders who will serve the American Muslim community, to enhance the understanding of Islam
in the contemporary context among people of all backgrounds, to help communities navigate new issues and unforeseen circumstances with wisdom, integrity, and compassion. Based in Boston, MA.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer, BIS hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.