Title: Marketing Assistant Manager
Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) is seeking a Marketing Assistant Manager who will be responsible for defining an optimal brand position and strategy for BIS and developing, executing, managing and measuring its effective implementation across BIS. The marketing assistant manager will have direct experience in brand management, a deep understanding of brand development and execution, and the demonstrated ability to build consensus and momentum with diverse groups across BIS. He/She will also have demonstrated experience in the development and execution of effective marketing and communications strategies in other industries than higher education and be able to apply those skills and talents to their portfolio.
- Analyzes BIS’s brand in the market and develops a brand strategy and position that increases awareness and support of BIS and its programs.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with all key BIS stakeholders and partners to drive effective brand and marketing strategies that increase enrollment, as well as donor and alumni participation; retain students and employees; and expand external support.
- Operates with a high level of autonomous decision making and knows how to effectively collaborate with senior leaders to seamlessly advance BIS with important constituencies.
- Creates and leads a marketing strategy to communicate with BIS’s key stakeholders and donors to develop cross-channel, integrated marketing plans that consider owned and paid media, earned media, social media, digital media and influencer marketing.
- Develops digital marketing strategies in general, including social media marketing.
- Develops digital content for various marketing uses.
- Partners with the BIS leadership team to provide guidance and support to all academic programs and retention efforts.
- Builds and executes integrated campaigns that are part of the long-term brand strategy.
- Measures and reports on performance of all BIS branding and marketing campaigns.
- Oversees marketing budget and spending, and makes budget recommendations each fiscal year.
- Monitors market trends and competitors to identify opportunities for BIS’s positioning; uses existing data and conducts research to complete annual SWOT analysis to inform BIS’s branding and marketing strategy.
- Identifies, recruits, and hires freelance writers, editors, designers, videographers and social media experts as required.
- Creates different collateral and media files to support different marketing initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- BS/MS in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- 2 – 5+ years of experience in strategic marketing, branding, or a related field.
- Experience in digital and social marketing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to execute with minimal supervision.
- Creative and resourceful, able to solve problems and create new approaches for issues that might be encountered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with public speaking.
About Boston Islamic Seminary
Boston Islamic Seminary is a graduate-level institution committed to training leaders to serve in all areas of society, and who are capable of serving the unique needs of the American Muslim community.
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer, BIS hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.