Title: Marketing Assistant Manager
Boston Islamic seminary (BIS) is seeking a Marketing Assistant Manager who will be responsible for defining an optimal brand position and strategy for BIS, and developing, executing, managing and measuring its effective implementation across BIS. The marketing assistant manager will have direct experience in brand management, a deep understanding of brand development and execution, and the demonstrated ability to build consensus and momentum with diverse groups across BIS. He/She will also have demonstrated experience in development and execution of effective marketing and communications strategies in other industries than higher education and be able to apply those skills and talents to their portfolio of work. This role will report directly to the Dean of Administration and COO of BIS.
- Analyzes BIS’s brand in the market and develops a brand strategy and position that increases awareness and support of BIS and its programs.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with all BIS key stakeholders and its partners to drive effective BIS brand and marketing strategies and plans that build enrollment, increase donor and alumni participation, retain students and employees, and expand external support.
- Operates with high level of autonomous decision making and knows how to effectively collaborate with senior leaders to seamlessly advance BIS with important constituencies
- Create and lead a marketing strategy to communicate with BIS’s key stakeholders and donors to develop cross-channel, integrated marketing plans that consider owned and paid media, earned media, social media, digital media and influencer marketing.
- Develop digital marketing strategies in general including social media marketing.
- Development of digital contents for various marketing uses
- Partners with BIS leadership team to provide guidance and support to all academic programs and retention efforts.
- Build and execute integrated campaigns that are part of the long-term brand strategy.
- Measures and reports on performance of all BIS branding and marketing campaigns
- Oversees marketing budget and spend, and makes budget recommendations each fiscal year.
- Monitors market trends and competitors to identify opportunities for BIS’s positioning; uses existing data and conducts research to complete annual SWOT analysis to inform BIS’s branding and marketing strategy.
- In partnership with BIS leadership team, convenes and leads a Marketing Committee monthly, planning annual academic conferences, speakers, and programs. Develops feedback loop to measure results.
- Identify, recruit and hire freelance writers, editors, designers, videographers and social media experts as required
- Creation of different collateral and media files to support different marketing initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- BS/MS in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 2-5 plus years of experience in strategic marketing, branding or related field.
- Experience in digital and social marketing
- Ability to work independently and also in a team
- Strong work ethic and ability to execute with minimal supervision
- Creative and resourceful, able to solve problems and create new approaches for issues that might be encountered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with public speaking
- Ability to travel 10-30% locally, not required but if needed.
- Fluency in English required, familiarity with Arabic preferred
- Working Hours are Monday – Friday: 9am-6pm at our offices in Cambridge, MA.
- Some weekends and/or evening hours work possibly required. (Through flexible schedules, however, employees have the ability to maintain their required hours while working around activities that would normally necessitate time away from the office and/or working weekends and/or evening hours)
About Boston Islamic Seminary
The Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) is an institution of higher education that aims to train and prepare religious leaders who will serve the American Muslim community, to enhance the understanding of Islam in the contemporary context among people of all backgrounds, and to help communities navigate new issues and unforeseen circumstances with wisdom, integrity, and compassion. Based in Boston, MA.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer, BIS hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.