Title: Development Director
Boston Islamic Seminary is seeking a Development Director to oversee our founders and donor relations program and plan and manage our annual and ongoing fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for the BIS. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. The Director works closely with The Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Plan, organize, and direct all fundraising events including, the annual fund, planned giving, special fundraising campaigns.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grant management, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about BIS with the community and organizations.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Work with the advertisement and marketing departments to promote fundraising events using flyers, advertisements and digital marketing outreach.
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding.
- Assist in helping management in the development of fundraising goals and work to achieve and surpass these goals.
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising events and activities, from planning to execution.
- Develop and oversee the BIS annual fundraising programs.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to sponsors and donors.
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions.
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with the BIS marketing team.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace the mission of the Boston Islamic Seminary.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising for non-profit.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Foster positive relationships with current and potential business partners.
- Ability to work well with a team to promote the BIS initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
Full-time, Part-time, Internship*
*The Internship position is flexible to accommodate students. It could be a full-time or part-time position. Some weekends work possibly required.
The internship position provides students with real-life career experience, development of key & unique skills, and a letter of recommendation upon completion to assist with entering employment.
About Boston Islamic Seminary
Boston Islamic Seminary is a graduate-level institution committed to training leaders to serve in all areas of society, and who are capable of serving the unique needs of the American Muslim community.
With the help of Allah, we hope to be the institution that establishes the framework for developing Muslim religious leaders in America over the coming years, inshaAllah.
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer, BIS hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.