Title: Academic and Development Coordinator
This full-time position is responsible for numerous functions for the Academic and Development departments in the Seminary under the supervision of the Dean of Administration & COO. This position will coordinate the daily activity of the Seminary’s academic programs, providing the team with project management, coordination with Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) leadership team, faculty, fellows, researchers and students; support for faculty programming and travel; and organization of different donor and prospects engagement visits. A successful candidate will ensure that all BIS classes are consistently setup to ensure an excellent experience for faculty and students, will be able to multitask; have the skills to identify and prevent problems; and the confidence and grace-under-pressure to solve them when they occur. In addition, this position require interaction with people on a regular basis; so strong people skills are a must.
- Manage all activities related to classroom engagement strategy and activity that includes the coordination of faculty and academic administrations, preparing materials, and coordinating attendees.
- Manage the travel of BIS faculty members and instructors, including developing detailed itineraries
- Maintaining and updating faculty activity tracking systems to inform future activity and strategy decisions.
- Day-to-day class readiness including work order management, and class inspections
- Identifying and engaging instructors, confirming the location, and schedule for classes, gathering course information required for advertising and class operations
- Collaborate with BIS staff members, faculty members and external partners to ensure classes are conducted efficiently and smoothly
- Prepare and track related expense reports, reimbursements and other payments in a timely and efficient manner
- Make sure website registration, Course Landing Page, Instructor’s Page are completed and contains current information about BIS academic programs
- Make sure that course evaluations and completed and circulated with Instructors
- Forward facing customer service support to faculty, students and staff on a wide range of facilities needs
- Ensure that students and instructors have the needed information to use technology platforms and other systems of the Seminary
- Communicate with instructors regarding the need for AV and other equipment for each class session, record audio and/or video for class sessions; and upload videos
- Extract and manipulate data to create meaningful reports to help the BIS Leadership team forming and supporting decisions
- In coordination with BIS leadership team, prepares reports and materials for fundraising activities.
- Supports the BIS leadership team in developing visit pipelines for donors, prospects, partners, Islamic institutions (mosques, schools, organizations, etc)
- Supports and performs other activities/duties of the Seminary as needed such as
- Administrative, planning and organizational support for BIS’s fundraising events, meetings and programs.
- Development and execution of online marketing and fundraising campaigns through social media, Mailchimp, LaunchGood, etc.
- Coordinating meetings related to marketing, fundraising and academic affairs
- Research and writing as needed
- Coordinating with volunteers and staff of BIS and other possible partner organizations
- Follow up on donor pledges as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience working with college students, ideally in a higher-education and/or non-profit organization is a plus
- Experience developing and running operational processes
- Diligent, organized and detail oriented with excellent follow-through
- Ability to work with diverse people and personalities
- Strong work ethic, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and ability to execute with minimal supervision
- Creative and resourceful, able to solve problems and create new approaches for issues that might be encountered
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with public speaking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and a familiarity with other processes required
- Experience working with internal and external vendors and services contracting.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- High attention to detail and a high standard for creating comfortable learning environments
- Tech savvy and familiarity marketing using social media platforms
- Good knowledge of work in fundraising campaigns and major events
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently and with high quality results
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Ability to travel 10-30% locally, not required but if needed.
- Fluency in English is required
- Working Hours are Monday – Friday: 9am-6pm at our offices in Cambridge, MA.
- Some weekends and/or evening hours work possibly required. (Through flexible schedules, however, employees have the ability to maintain their required hours while working around activities that would normally necessitate time away from the office and/or working weekends and/or evening hours)
About Boston Islamic Seminary
The Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) is an institution of higher education that aims to train and prepare religious leaders who will serve the American Muslim community, to enhance the understanding of Islam in the contemporary context among people of all backgrounds, and to help communities navigate new issues and unforeseen circumstances with wisdom, integrity, and compassion. Based in Boston, MA.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer, BIS hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.