- The vision of Boston Islamic Seminary (BIS) was born
- Muslim American Society (MAS) Boston initiated the first core team to start the Seminary
- BIS registered as a corporation with the Massachusetts Secretary of State.
- BIS’s board of directors was formed with only three (3) board members
- Current logo has been created.
- Continuing education program was launched in Fall 2016
- BIS operated its offices out of 100 Malcom X Boulevard in Boston, MA
- BIS successfully hired its first Dean of Academic Affairs
- The first Academic Committee was formed to design and develop the curriculum of BIS’s full-time program.
- BIS offered its first fellowship program – Iqra Fellowship Program for college and graduate students.
- BIS launched its first certificate program in Islamic Intellectual History
- BIS offered its first hybrid online course in Spring 2017
- The completion development of the first BIS full-time program curriculum
- Annual Report 2017
- BIS was registered as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit tax-exempt organization.
- BIS had submitted an application with the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education (DHE), to secure degree-granting authority.
- BIS launched its first Graduate Certificate Program in Islamic Foundations, a sequence of five courses offered by BIS faculty members, as a preparation for the full-time degree program.
- Dean of Academic Affairs, Dr. Basyouny Nehela, was named as BIS’s first President.
- Annual Report 2018
- BIS Hired its first Dean of Administration & Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Expanded the number of board members to 6 board members.
- BIS moved its offices to the heart of Cambridge, Prospect Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- BIS expanded its offerings to include a range of five (5) unique different offerings and programs
- BIS held its first graduation ceremony to recognize and award its students, faculty members and instructors.
- BIS Yearly Overview
- BIS Launched its first virtual certificate in Islamic foundations.
- BIS launched its first live show( Real talk between students and faculty)