Qurʾanic Immersion: Recitation, Reflection, and Application (Level 2)
Instructors: Dr. Basyouny Nehela & Dr. Asif Hirani
Time: Tuesdays 5pm – 7pm EST; Starting Tuesday, April 28, 2020 for twelve (12) weeks
Location: Only only – WebEx & Moodle
Registration Cost: See end of page for information on registration fee, student discount & financial aid.
The Quranic immersion Level 2 is designed to train participants on the most effective methods of interacting with the book of Allah in order to gain its living companionship and God-given directions. This course will focus on practicing most of the rules of reciting the Qurʾan (tajwīd) and familiarize students with the techniques of Qurʾan memorization. It also instructs students how to reflect upon the Qurʾan’s timeless teachings and practically apply these reflections to their day-to-day lives and social context. By the end of this course, participants will be able to recite the Qurʾan properly, will have an established foundational practice of Qurʾanic memorization, reflection, and application, and will have gained the tools to continue a life-long personal relationship with Allah, the Exalted, through His final revelation.
Click the video on the right to watch Dr. Asif Hirani explain more:
- Improving the performance of Muslim religious leadership in American society
- Developing the next generation of leaders who are well grounded in Islamic knowledge and character
- Training participants on making reflection and application of the Qurʾan’s meanings a part of their daily lives
- Providing participants with a solid foundation and essential skills for a continuous fruitful relationship with the Qurʾan.
- Demonstrating to participants how to relate to sacred knowledge experientially and further their own personal development
- Preparing students who are interested in pursuing the full-time religious leadership program
Participant Learning Outcomes
- Implement at least the following Qurʾanic verses and hadiths:
- (وَرَتِّلِ القُرْآنَ تَرْتيلا) “And recite the Qurʾan with measured recitation”
- (خَيْرُكُمْ مَنْ تَعَلَّمَ القُرْآنَ وَعَلَّمَه) “The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qurʾan and teaches it”
- (كانَ خُلُقُهُ القُرْآن) “His (saas) character was the Qurʾan”
- (الْمَاهِرُ بِالْقُرْآنِ مَعَ السَّفَرَةِ الْكِرَامِ الْبَرَرَة) “The one who recites the Quran smoothly and precisely will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels”
- Design personal goals and plans for Qurʾanic memorization, recitation, reflection, and application in their daily lives.
● Memorizing some Surah from Quran, preferable one Juzaa.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Dr. Basyouny Nehela holds an M.A. in Fundamentals of Religion, and a Ph.D. with Honors in Da’wa and Islamic Culture, both from Al-Azhar University. He is currently the Dean of Academic Affairs and professor at Boston Islamic Seminary. Dr. Basyouny was previously an Associate professor at Qatar University’s Faculty of Sharia and Islamic Studies, Department of Islamic Creed and Da’wa, a faculty member at Al-Azhar University and Islamic American University, and Imam of the Islamic Society of Boston.
He has also served as head, and coordinator of many academic committees covering Curriculum Enhancement, Core Curriculum, Strategic Plan, Academic Activities and Events, & Professional Development. He has taught many academic courses including Fundamentals of Dawa, Ethics, Comparative Religion, Islamic Creed, Islamic Culture, Quranic Studies,…etc.
He participated and presented in many academic and Islamic conferences in America, Egypt, Qatar, Malaysia, Canada, India, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Jordan…etc .He has designed and developed some academic curricula and courses for academic organizations and schools in America, Africa and some Arab countries.
Dr. Basyouny has published over 200 articles in newspapers and magazines on topics such as the methodologies and means of Quranic Education and Da’wa, contemporary youth issues and Islamic thought as well as presented in various television and radio shows at Al Jazeera network .He also offers regular workshops and lectures on family issues and contemporary marital and educational problems.
He received Qatar University’s yearly award for the best academic online course at the university, and another award from the College of Sharia for the best chair of the academic activities committee.
Dr. Asif Hirani completed his Bachelors of Business Administration in Fashion designing before switching gears to the pursuit of Islamic Studies. He has completed his Masters in Islamic Studies (Usul-ud-din) from Karachi University and attained his PhD from Al-Madina International University in Tafsir & Uloom-ul-Quran. He is currently serving as a Resident Scholar of Worcester Islamic Center in Massachusetts.
One 12-week course is $100 for students (including BIS students) or $150 for non-students.
After that, each additional course is an additional $50. Prices will be automatically calculated at checkout.
Financial aid is available for all courses, please scroll down to find out more:
The Boston Islamic Seminary is committed to providing quality instruction to all, regardless of financial circumstances, through a generous financial aid program.